PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
55 gr. almond flour (1/2 cup)
110 gr. oat flour (1 cup)
4 small bananas
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Butter or extra virgin olive oil for cooking
1. Mix the two flours with a pinch of cinnamon.
2. Beat the eggs and add in the flour mix.
3. Add in the vanilla essence and gradually add the coconut milk until you create a smooth consistency.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter or olive oil.
5. Divide the mixture so that you make 8 pancakes.
6. Cook each for around 2 minutes, or until little bubbles start to form on the surface. Then turn and cook for another minute.
7. Serve with a chopped banana and sprinkle with cinnamon according to your taste!
TIP : You can replace the banana with one of the following toppings:
– other fruit such as a cooked apple or strawberries or other berries
– 1 teaspoon of raw honey with cinnamon and chopped nuts
– one tablespoon of dark chocolate (melted in ben-marie)
– homemade jam made of slow-cooked fruit (i.e. apple or strawberry) mixed with chia seeds
– tahini paste or peanut butter